Friday, June 11, 2010

The way I live now

Most mornings begin like this one. But without any of the charming rustic French folk.

So up to about 0.38, then. It's a ghost town. They do all think I'm a freak though, so there are some parallels.

Here are the Gotemba paddyfields, in all their unfenced glory. Do NOT go running at night. There are no streetlights. You will fall in and drown in 6 inches of water.


The neighbourhood is a great setting for a terrible B-Movie, "Killer 'mong the Ricefields"


Ooh, looky, a person!




A token shrine. It wouldn't be a blog post without a picture of a shrine.


So there we have it. Unlike poor, deluded Belle, I am under no illusion that there is anything More Than This Provincial Life. There is a direct bus to Tokyo, however. This may be the last post I file under "Gotemba". Or at all for the next few months, given past behaviour. Two posts in as many days! I need to lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment